Let’s re-think this. You’ve all seen it, a job advertisement that asking for the world and basically paying minimum wage. Now, I understand hiring someone in, starting them for less during a probation period, but look at what they are expecting. I have the experience and abilities, plus an astronomically high credit score, which somehow has become part of several employee screenings. I don’t have a mortgage and I don’t pay rent. Also, the family cars are paid off. I was frugal before the economic downturn, when it became popular and I could teach the power company about being energy efficient, plus when I buy something, I only look for deals and I find them too.
To continue, I’m telling you that I cannot afford to work for this employer at $10 per hour! Even the other job starting at $15 hourly, they are prejudice against me because I live 10 miles further then their “preferred” areas. Now that’s just wrong, especially to advertise this. Let’s break it down. Not only do they want me to know the latest software and be efficient, but as described below in their ad, either in the first ad, I’ll be answering phones and filing, or as in the second ad, design graphics for web and print, including 3D, plus market and advertise using the social media networks. Also I need construction experience, specifically carpentry for displays. Again, I must know the latest software and protocols….I have this expertise, the tools and software for either job, but when you simply evaluate the expenses verses income, no one can afford it. Even just loosely examining it, unless the job is within walking distance, I cannot afford the gas (probably why the 2nd ad asks for someone within surrounding areas, but they still shouldn’t advertise that). On the first, after taxes, I’m making less then $8 an hour. One to Two weeks of my wages go to my “I gotta have it” affordable health insurance; the rest of the month wages pay for groceries, electricity. The pay doesn’t even cover the minimum necessities.
Simply put, I suggest as I do, as a perspective employee, put “negotiable” for wages desired on an application; the organization should list the job pay is commensurate with experience. I would then ask the chosen candidates chosen based on my criteria, what he/she would consider a good starting wage should be? Then again evaluate based off what best suits the company.
I also realize that a pay scale isn’t based on my bills, but if someone like me with relatively no bills cannot afford to take the job, what kind of candidates do you propose to get? ~D
Design/Administrative Assistant Needed (
) Palm Beach, Florida
Retail store in
Daily tasks Include but are not limited to:
- Answering Phones, general filing, & entering bills.
- Taking pictures & videos of merchandise.
- Designing postcards, and general mailers for store promotions.
Need a person who is dependable and will comitt to their work days & times.
2. Verifiable References
***** Must be efficient in CS2 software, Microsoft office and PC's.*****
· Compensation: $10.00 an hour to start, raise based on proficiency.
· This is a part-time job.
Production Assistant with Web/Design Software Skills (
) Boca Raton
Date: 2010-12-08, 12:49PM EST
Reply to: see below
Blank is a Trade Show Display design and manufacturing company serving national clientele. We're looking for someone with web/graphic design skills and carpentry experience to join our team.
Our Cycle of Production is as follows:
1. Internet and Print Marketing (Using our Online Website/Store, E-Mails, Google AdWords, Brochures, and soon Social Media Like FaceBook and YouTube).
2. Potential clients contact us and we produce 3D Renderings of displays that will best suit them according to their needs.
3. When the client decides to purchase, the order goes to production and we will order the required materials, build the display in our warehouse, and then ship to client's show or other location.
The ideal candidate will be able to assist with most or all of the above as well as aid in the streamlining and expansion of our Cycle of Production. Positive attitude and a creative thought is a must.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have experience using these applications, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
You MUST have working knowledge of the following:
• 3D Studio MAX
AutoCAD skills are a plus.
Below is a list of potential duties.
• 3D Studio Max for Display Design
• Dreamweaver to assist with e-mail design, web design and other internet materials
• Photoshop and Illustrator for graphic design
• (Not Mandatory) AutoCAD for submitting display designs to suppliers.
• Operation of woodworking tools like Table Saw, Chop Saw, Staple Guns, etc.
• Formica Laminating, Trimming, and Filing.
• Assist with building the displays (requires physical strength)
• Packing displays into crates, cases, and tubs.
• Cleaning and Organizing Warehouse
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
• Positive, upbeat attitude
• Creative Thinker and Visionary
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to multi-task
ABOUT US: This is a small, casual office, so we have fun, but we also work hard & get the job done! This position is great for someone who is business-minded and is looking to get in and grow with a solid company! For more info visit our Website. We're located near Clint Moore & Congress in
***CLICK HERE TO APPLY (We created an online form to streamline the application process.)***
MON - FRI 9AM - 5PM
35-40 HOURS / WEEK
1 hour lunch break
Starting Pay is $15/hr while training. Pay increase depends on skill level.
*WE DO NOT OFFER HEALTH INSURANCE.*