Thursday, December 30, 2010

Walking the Dog....tip

I sure love my dog. Asha is a black lab mix we invited into our home from the pound. She’s really still a puppy at 8 months. She is a handful; more then Sophia who was our poodle Scottish terrier mix, who got hit by a car about a year ago. Here is a tile stepper tribute to our missed family member. It’s still hard to talk about her.

I wanted to share a tip. Asha darts side to side and sometimes lunges from a stand still. Obviously she’s still being trained; however she has surprised me early in the morning, when I’m still sleepy and holding my coffee. I just want to keep her safe and not hit by a car, so I found a way to hold the leash that seems to tighten as she pulls and she hasn’t surprised me by jerking it out of my hand since.



It’s simple enough. I put my two middle fingers coming from underneath through the handle of the soft leash. Then I separate those two fingers and double them back over the two sides that form the handle. The two sides wrap the fingers snuggly. The leash will not just fall out of your hand and frankly, it will not be pulled out either.


And please clean up after your pets please.....Thank You! ~D

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie.... so happy for you guys. Great idea and I will pass it on to my son.

    ReplyDelete